During the life of a drilling asset there are several statuses which an asset can be categorised into. For each category TOM, has identified the drilling operator requires different levels and methods of support for each category.
TOM supply multi-disciplinary personnel to support the drilling crew in an ancillary capacity. Essentially TOM provide a cost-effective extra pair of hands which can support the maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Ancillary Support
- Multi-disciplinary Personnel
Downtime can be categorised into planned and unplanned. Unplanned is where a problem has occurred during drilling, forcing the campaign to come to a halt. In this event, TOM are equipped to deploy personnel nearly anywhere in the world to assist in rectifying the problem. For planned downtime, TOM is able to work with the drilling operator in selecting a cost-effective marine yard to execute all planned work packs.
- Planned / Unplanned Downtime
- Preliminary Survey
- Condition Assessments Survey
- Specialist Technicians
- Fast-track Fabrication
- 24hr On-call Global Support
- Quayside facilities for planned upgrades and repair works
Under the leadership of TOM’s highly experienced Preservation Leads the team is able to survey and assess preservation requirements, complete all planning and engineering documentation, execute the physical preservation, document and continue to maintain the necessary preservation works until the rig is put back into service.
- Source & secure stacking location
- Equipment & System Survey
- Preservation Planning & Work Packs
- Execution of Preservation works
- Execution of periodic running of equipment & systems
- Optimization of drilling crew manning levels
- Optimization of auxiliary running costs
The main scope for cold stacking is the removal of critical safety equipment (both drilling and marine) from the asset and preserve the equipment onshore. At this point no crew will remain onboard, TOM will conduct periodic inspections of the asset at its mooring location.
- Removal and Onshore Preservation of Safety Critical Items
- Installation of Temporary Emergency Generator and Pump Skids
- Remote Alarm System
- Periodic Security Surveillance
READY TO DRILL
For ready to drill, TOM’s team can execute condition assessments, repair punchlist items and assist in the recertification by providing an interface between the client and all 3rd party bodies.
- Condition Assessments / Reports
- Assess & Re-certify Critical and Non-Critical Equipment
- Complete EPC Repair Works
- Perform all MC, Pre-Comm and Comm works
- Technical Interface for Recertification of Operational Status Related to Code, Classification and Flag Societies / Bodies
- Handover to Operations.